Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh my goodness! The stories that could be told about Uncle Lincoln!

The one that immediately comes to mind is when I was about 9 and had gone branding with him. He gave me the job of transporting the Rocky Mountain Oysters fresh from the source to the fry pan.

With that legendary twinkle in his eye he said "Shawna, come here I have something for you to do. Hold out your hand" As I did so he immediate slapped in my palm some warm fresh calf testicles of which he proceeded to rub in real good! UGH! Needless to say I have NEVER partaken of the delicacy known as Rocky Mountain Oysters.

A few other memories that come to mind is how he always wanted someone to rub his bald head, and how he ALWAYS had a dog in his truck. I will miss that twinkle and grin that were known by all who met him.

Shawna Kunzler Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment