Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Last night, Gena and I were sitting on the couch reminiscing about Dad with Kensie and one of her good friends. Kade and Kace were at an Aaronic Priesthood training meeting, so unfortunately they missed out on several really good stories.

Gena and I started dating when she was a Junior and I was a Senior. She has told me many times that she has always been just a little of scared of my Dad. It was mentioned in a previous post that he wasn't "very soft spoken or patient", and I think that is what concerned her. But we all know what a "softy" he became. I am grateful that my kids and my brother's and sister's kids all got to know Poad, the "softy".

The story that the girls got the biggest kick out of was this one;

Gena and Shayla (Anderson) Taylor were taking Justin Grant home one day(if Justin was smart, he would have been sitting in the middle between these two hot girls). Now, Shayla had this really cool, yellow Chevy step-side pickup. I don't remember for sure, but I think it was a 1968 model. While driving this pickup, if the driver shut off the iginition and turned it back on, it would back-fire very loudly. While en route to Helen's house, they noticed my Dad's pickup parked on mainstreet in front of the old high school, and decided it would be very funny to "get' Lincoln. He was outside of his pickup talking to someone. So, as they drove by, Shayla turned the ignition off and then quickly back on and the pick-up backfired. Gena says that out of all the times they did this, that this paricular backfire was the loudest one ever. They were all watching my Dad when the pick-up back fired and Gena says that he must have jumped at least 3 feet off the ground. Of course, they were all laughing hysterically, but noticed that he immediately ran around to get in his pickup to chase them down. At that point, according to Gena, Shayla yelled "OH SHIT", and Justin screamed "DRIVE, JUST DRIVE". They tried to make it to Helen's to hide before Lincoln caught them, but they weren't fast enough. He caught them in front of Helen's house, jumped out of his pickup screaming that he thought they had just shot him. At that point, they all had a really good laugh. Gena says that she was glad that she finally got him.

No comments:

Post a Comment