Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just his name could put a smile on my face.

I knew Lincoln in Kirtland, NM. Somehow the Sherwood family moved there just when I needed them most. There is so much to remember when it comes to Lincoln. I will always remember his smile. I worked at Dairy Queen and he would often come up to get a treat (most times a heath bar blizzard). One time he came up and went through the drive through with his horse and wagon. I also remember him trying to get me to marry one of his boys. This included introducing me as his daughter-in-law, & telling other guys that I was taken. I remember going to his house once with Sean and Jared and he let me in and then shooed them away with a shovel. I went to a dance with Crum and I remember him telling Valorie that I could go as long as she understood it was only for that dance, that I belonged to one of his boys. He also made poor Vern take me out right when he got home from his mission.

I remember him pushing me around in a shopping cart out at Hogback, & eating quesadias with "el pato " chili sauce. He almost always had a diet cherry coke around. I remember that at Matt's Farewell, as he was giving his talk, he looked down and saw Kathy talking and said "Kathy" and then continued his talk. And of course the wet willies. He also loved to say that he liked being bald because that was "more face to kiss".

There are so many good happy times that I remember, but the thing that I remember most about Lincoln is that he had a big heart. He loved people with his whole heart. He hurt deeply when the ones he loved hurt and did all he could to help them out. I remember many long chats with him. Not having a father of my own, he stepped in, and was always there for me. I remember wanting a blessing from him when I was at Ricks College. I went to Kirtland and I could not believe that he drove all the way from AZ, gave me a blessing and went back the next day. It meant the world to me! He meant the world to me and he will always hold a special place in my heart!

My prayers are with all of you! Love you guys.
Jo Cummings Romero

--
Take Care .......
Jo


joromero3@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jo didn't we have a good time. I will always remember everyone laying on the bed talking and laughing on sunday afternoons. and you and Brooke letting Riley drive.

    ReplyDelete