Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I had some great visits to the Sherwood home. Lincoln scared the hell out of me once when he pulled out his pocket knife and cut my hair. . . I thought it would be cool to grow a little "tail" but it turns out it wasn't that cool :)

Remember the 40th birthday sign on the barn? Linc was a legend. My wife and son have both asked when we visit SJ - "Who's Lincoln and when did he turn 40?"

Lincoln always was a straight shooter. He could cut through the bs quick and just tell it like it is. My impressions of Linc growing up was that he was an honest, humble, hard working family man. . .the salt of the earth type of guy that defined what being raised in SJ means.

Linda, I sure do love you and your family and am thankful that I was able to know you growing up. I don't think I can remember anything but a big smile and a warm greeting whenever I saw you.

Mark, Melissa, Vern - I lost my dad a while back and I hope you can remember back to all of the good memories and great experiences you had with your dad. That will help get you through.

I didn't know the younger kids but I can tell you that your dad is a great man and is respected by anyone that got to know him.

Take care Sherwoods and know you are in our thoughts.

Jeff Anderson Family

No comments:

Post a Comment