Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oh, Linda...I am SO VERY sorry!! I will keep you in my prayers!!

Death whispered softly in my ear
“It’s time, you must come home.”
I saw the light and then looked back
...you stood there all alone.

I reached to touch you one last time
but you just stood and cried;
Oh how I wished to dry your tears,
but couldn’t, though I tried.

You cannot see beyond death’s veil,
but I still feel you near;
so though I am beyond your view,
I promise, I’m still here.

Don’t think of me with saddened face
don’t let this sorrow hold you.
Cling tightly to your memories
for they will bring you through.

Do not fear death, for it’s a birth,
I now have gained new sight.
and someday you will also find,
the joy within the light....

And we will again embrace...

© Forrest Phelps-Coo

No comments:

Post a Comment