Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let me show you how a Horse Bites the Cabbage...


Every time I went with Uncle Link to the ranch or to haul hay or whatever, the boys volunteered me to get in the pickup first, since I was the youngest, and squished me in by Link because nobody wanted to sit by him.

Everyone hated to sit by Link, because it was a guarantee that you would get tormented the ENTIRE time.

He'd give me a Wet Willy and then say, "You want to see how a horse bites the cabbage?" Then he'd grab on the inside of the my leg close to the knee and pinch as hard as he could. But, he made it all worth it, because we never passed a gas station or an opportunity to get a treat.

One time when a horse fell with Uncle Lincoln and broke his ankle, since the rest of the boys were in school and I was being home schooled at the time, I was priveleged to spend quite a bit of time with him, opening gates, etc. I enjoyed getting to know him a little better.


Link was a heck of a guy, I hear stories about him out at work all the time. Mainly what I hear about him is that he treated people really well and sure had a lot of fun at the ropings.

A bunch of the guys were reliving old stories this week and each of us realized how much we will miss him.


Aaron Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment